Sunday 13 July 2014

I Have an Exciting Week Ahead, and I Have No Plans for It!

Well what do you know it's Sunday again and I don't actually have much to say. I am however excited about a few upcoming things. Before I get onto that though I will talk about a few parts of my week.

Well first thing I set about doing this week was designing a band logo, which I needed to get a bit of help for. I ended up calling upon the aid of my eldest brother Chaz, who decided to give me a few lessons on how to use Adobe Illustrator CS6. I definitely need those lessons, my vector drawing skills aren't great. I was even handed a booklet on how to use Adobe Illustrator CS2, which is pretty much the same as CS6, but I actually have CS2 so it was perfect for me, and I ended up creating a decent logo for a punk band, I don't know how well it'll work for pop-punk though, but my band mates haven't complained yet.

After the logo was done I started working on creating a pop-punk version of Eurobeat Brony's song Discord. I did this in the hopes that I could convince the rest of the band to join me in covering it, and thankfully I was able to succeed in such a thing. So now we have one song that we are definitely doing at some point.

Continuing on with the band activity, our lead singer Ash wrote a song for us, which describes all of our relationships without using his horribly inaccurate wrestling theory (don't ask). My initial thoughts on his song was simply "oh no" the least pop-punk person in the band wrote a pop punk song, and surprisingly it's actually not bad, I would say it's better than the one I wrote the other week, but it talks about me, Ash and also Nath instead of just Ash, or just me, or just Nath. Mine at least talks about just me, which focuses the song. Admittedly I screwed up the instrumental side of the song by letting my love of prog take over.

Other than various band related activities my week has been fairly uneventful, which has meant I've had a few bad days in regards to my depression, but overall I am still a mostly happy person. Weirdly I've been suppressing my depression with darker music, and by that I don't mean I've been listening to Cradle of Filth or someone similar, I mean instead of listening to Rush I've been listening to Tool. I suppose this is actually quite normal for a sad person to suppress their sadness with sad music, I just don't understand how it works.

Anyway this next week has at least two events that I'm looking forward to. First off tomorrow I'm going up to the House of Zed and the plan is that the entire Library Crew all turn up. The Library Crew consists of the three friends I've mentioned a lot on this blog recently (Ash, Nath and Zaina) and also another friend of mine, Keely, who is hard to reach now that we don't all go to school anymore. I'd also like to point out, in order to avoid confusion, that Keely is a boy, not a girl, he got the name Keely when Ash misheard what I called him during an intense game of Uno.

So the five of us are all going to have a meet up at the House of Zed, which is Zaina's house in case you didn't know. If all goes to plan Monday should be quite enjoyable, however, I was told by Zaina that she wanted to have a word with me, the way she said it implies that it's not going to be good news. I still can't wait to hear what she has to say, because she wouldn't have said it if it wasn't important and it might help relieve some of the tension within my mind.

The other thing that I'm looking forward to this week is celebrating my 100th video on YouTube, which I believe is on Wednesday or Thursday. I have a few plans for my video, but I'm not entirely sure what I'm actually going to do with it. The only thing I know for definite is that I'm going to need to borrow my dads smartphone, it's the best camcorder in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment