Sunday 8 March 2015

World of Warcraft and my New Toy

Just as I thought, World of Warcraft was a very bad idea, but not quite as bad as what I treated myself to yesterday, I honestly can't believe that I thought it would be a good idea to purchase what I purchased yesterday. In fact, I have no idea what I'm going to do with the magical item that I purchased yesterday. Thankfully, I have about nine days before it arrives, and so I've got that much time to think about things.

So what did I buy yesterday? Well, I'll tell you later but first I must talk about the scourge that is World of Warcraft. That evil games that sticks it's claws into your flesh and makes you spend countless hours beating the life out of murlocs just to hear them scream, and also because they drop a quest item, and they won't give you the last one you need for your quest.

I guess I'm weird, I love those adorable little terrors, they still scare the life out of me, but they're so much fun, and when you set the noise they make before they charge you as your text alert on your phone, you get some awesome looks on the bus. But murlocs are still terrors, and me being the idiot I am tried to tank them with my healer, but as it turns out, my healer is quite resilient.

I have been pretty much glued to that game all week, but annoyingly I'm about to hit level ninety, which, for me, is the highest level and so I've slowed down on my main, because I don't want to progress until I get the next expansion, which will be sometime after my new toy arrives. It's rather annoying, I have a character stuck in Westfall, who is set to level up alongside one of Nathan's characters. I have another character who is waiting at level 15 for one Nathan's characters so we can role-play together. I have a Pandaren mage who should really be doing Westfall, but I've done it so much as of late, I really can't be bothered to push through it.

And then there's Grundan, my Horde character. I'm not a big fan of the Horde, I don't like their capital city, and I've played Alliance for so long I feel like a traitor playing as a Horde character. Unfortunately, I felt the need for a bit of variety, and that is how Grundan came about. Currently, he's only level nine and is fighting with a bamboo sword, but he really can clobber murlocs with that thing.

I also installed an Add-On to my client, It's nothing fancy, but I quite like it. I installed the Add-On called MyRolePlay, it basically just adds an extra window to the character screen, allowing you to edit a few minor things, and also help other players who have the Add-On understand a little more about your Role Playing character.

World of Warcraft aside, it's time to talk about my new toy. Yesterday I ordered myself a set of twelve guitar picks from Amazon, but more importantly, I ordered an 8-string guitar from Thomann. To be exact, I ordered the Harley Benton R-458 BK Progressiv Series. If I can help it I'm going to try not to djent on it, chances are that I will djent, but I'm going to try not to. I will play metal on it, but if possible I'm going to avoid djent. Djent isn't my scene. I'm going to try and do something closer to Rob Scallon's work, so I'll tune into Open F and see where that takes me.

Originally I was going to order the R-457, which is pretty much the same guitar, only it's a 7-string instead of an 8-string. I only really wanted a seventh string, but I encountered the R-458 first, and with it only being something like £8 more expensive I thought I had nothing to lose with it. I can still play the songs that require seven strings on it, so why not go a little further.

If I enjoy this eight-string, I may upgrade and get myself an eight-string ESP, but even if I do it'll be awhile before that takes place, ESP guitars aren't exactly cheap, and the 8-string I was looking at was £666, which is the coolest price tag for a guitar so obviously designed for metal. But speaking of upgrades, my amp should probably come next, that or I should start socializing.

No comments:

Post a Comment