Sunday 9 February 2014

Pull!

This week has been quite a good one, despite the minor setbacks, like spending most of Thursday in great pain because I was ill, oh well I watched my favourite film (V for Vendetta) to try and make up for it, it worked. Annoyingly my throat is still sore, and I keep sucking on out of date menthol tablets to try and make it better, is that actually a good idea? Another setback was that I'm not the only person who is ill, my girlfriend also suffered, and I had to face the consequences of that.

But no one cares about the first part of the week, the interesting bit is what happened on Saturday. put simply I went to Cloudside Shooting & Sporting Club for so clay pigeon shooting. It was so much fun, and a hobby I'm considering taking up, especially since it's cheaper than Warhammer. It was the best thing that could of been done for my 18th birthday.

My eldest brother Chaz (aged 26), who considers himself to be extremely manly, spent most of the time wining about how much the shotguns recoil hurt his shoulder, it was rather annoying, but it just means I can happily call him a pansy because he was the only one who was hurt by it. however the git did tie second place with my next oldest brother William, who I'm also tempted to call a pansy because he wore his plated motorbike jacket, however I can't blame him, it's his only coat and it was cold up there.

In relation to the scores, our South African friend Dan won, with a mighty 31 kills (I Don't know what these are out of) with my dad coming last at 18 kills. Dad may not of done well but he certainly looked the part. I came 3rd (since my brothers tiedon 25) I scored 22 kills, which wasn't bad for my first time.

As a very quick review of the place, the service was brilliant, the people there were all friendly and polite, especially when teaching us how to shoot properly, more importantly (at least for some) the food was exquisite, it's not often I get a pie that good. Also it is licensed to serve booze, but no one cares about that when the tea (and coffee*) is free (at least it was for us).

If you read last weeks post you would know some things about me, but more importantly you would of read my prediction for my only birthday present (a Chocolate Orange) well I was right and after sacrificing 4 segment to the Blood God Khorne (my girlfriend Dana) I was able to sit back and enjoy my chocolatey treat while my horribly sensitive teeth complained.

I'd also like to point out that after a long winded debate over the pie, mentioned earlier, that we all came to the conclusion that I can't be allergic to penicillin, since I can happily devour Stilton cheese in copious amounts. So as it turns out I am medically sound, which means I should be accepted into the army when I next apply.

* I felt the need to put coffee in brackets because coffee is not British and what we are talking about is really a sport undertaken by the English tweed-wearing gentleman, and coffee doesn't quite suit the stereotype. If you are a coffee drinker just be glad that I was considerate enough to point out the fact that coffee is also free, and also be grateful that I have devoted a whole paragraph to that cursed beverage.

No comments:

Post a Comment