Sunday 23 February 2014

The Magical Land of Brum!

I realised too late that I missed last weeks post, but I don't care, nothing interesting happened that week anyway, although I did get a kick-ass new CD that makes me want to create a blog for reviewing the albums I own and buy. But this post isn't about that album, its actually about my week visiting my mother in Solihull (near Birmingham).

Since it's half term, and I wasn't able to visit her over Christmas me and my girlfriend Dana decided to spend a week with my mother, so we did, naturally we didn't do much of interest other than completely empty our bank accounts (which wasn't much of an achievement for either of us, it was however impressive that I actually had money to spend). The main highlight from the trip was our visit to Cineworld where we watched Frozen, I was actually shocked that it was her choice to watch it, I'm the fan of Disney Princesses not her. But still it was her choice to see it, and it was EPIC! If you haven't seen it already watch it, however it is rated PG (in the UK, I don't know what it's rated elsewhere) so the cinema will be full of annoying little kids, so don't say I didn't warn you when you spend the entire film getting kicked by a 4 year old douchebag.

The other highlight (for me at least) was that I finally bought myself a Warhammer 40K army, and my mother gave me the space marine side of the old 40K starter box (Assault on Black Reach) she also made me put together her Orks and I really couldn't be bothered, but I did. More importantly she gave me a metal Thunderfire cannon, which can't be fielded in a Dark Angels army. Crap. It looks cool at least, and I will be able to use it in an Apocalypse army, because anything goes.

Other than the Warhammer 40K army, I also bought (and read) a book called The Art of War by Sun Tzu its about 2500 years old and well worth the read, and probably worth a few more read throughs, just to let it all sink in. As the title suggests it's about waging war but more importantly it's about being a great leader, so you can always use the war as a metaphor and use it in business management or something along those lines, also good for teachers.

And then there were the albums, which I will review on a separate blog when I can be bothered to make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment