Sunday 11 January 2015

Happy Horrors

This week has been one of those awesome weeks, filled with dark secrets, happiness, and horror. Since that makes no sense, I'm hoping you are now more inclined to read on. Since they are called secrets for a reason, you won't be reading about those, but I will start off by talking about the horror of this week.

So awhile ago I ordered a Harley Benton RB414CS from Musikhaus Thomann in Germany. The bass arrived this week, and I was extremely happy, especially since I was trapped in a bus with my scariest ex-girlfriend just moments before. Before my feeling of self hatred was lifted, I opened the box and discovered that the bass inside needed replacing, there was a problem with the plate the bridge pick-up was attached to.

So after an hour suffering Jasmine, I have to face disappointment. Typical. Anyway, Thomann have been nice to me and will exchange it, but first I have to get UPS to pick it up and send it back. That doesn't bother me since it's already been paid for.

Anyway, this week has thankfully included more happy things than bad things, for instance I ended up watching all three Little Mermaid films on Monday, on Wednesday, I picked up the Royal Blood album for a fiver, and just yesterday I finished working on this damn acoustic guitar which has been getting under my skin since me and Nath took on the damnable project.

More importantly, this week came with new guitar strings. So far I haven't found a sensation I like quite as much as the feel of new strings. Annoyingly I ordered the wrong set of strings, but that doesn't bother me, they still feel incredible, I'll just have to triple check next time (since my double check didn't work). In case you are wondering I ordered D'Addario Chromes Jazz Lights (I wanted the Extra Lights), the Jazz Lights are still awesome though, and if you haven't tried D'Addario Chromes I'd recommend you give them a shot.

Along with the strings I also ordered some Gibson Pump Polish, and some Planet Waves Lemon Oil. I'd recommend both products for those of you who like your guitars looking their best. I also get the feeling that I won't be buying anything this year I appreciate even half as much as that Lemon Oil (unless I buy the Ashdown Little Bastard).

Yes, I like buying guitar things, I'd also recommend that you guitarists get your hands on a string winder and a good set of wire clippers. I also can't stress the importance of buying a good strap (and if necessary, a set of Schaller Strap Locks) and also a decent lead, such as the Fender Performance Series leads.

I feel like this has been a massive advert, So I'll leave you with one last thing: beware of shoggoths, and avoid rutabagas.

No comments:

Post a Comment