Sunday 28 September 2014

Spit and Polish, Iron, Iron, Iron

So I have spent quite a lot of time this week polishing my boots. Normally I wouldn't bother with such a thing since I put my footwear through quite a lot and it seems like wasted effort to do such a thing. That has now changed since I have taken up an Army Preparation Course, and since we were issued our uniforms last week, I now have to make sure everything looks neat and tidy. Which also means ironing, something I have never even attempted before.

Anyway, I done a lot of polishing, and I can now say that my boots have been bulled quite nicely. Of course there is still a lot of work to do on them, they will take a few weeks before they start to glow, but they do look very sexy as it is. I'm also finding the whole process of polishing my boots to be quite a relaxing one. Ironing on the other hand...

So about twenty minutes ago I touched an iron for the first time in my life, yes I'm eighteen years old and I have never even touched an iron, let alone used one. I found the entire process to be the most infuriating thing imaginable, I now just want to smash things apart with a sledge hammer, but the effort involved in getting a sledge hammer is too much, and I might get my gloriously shiny boots dirty.

If you haven't guessed, I've become very protective over my boots. But that isn't the only fashion related thing that bugs me. In college we have to wear a bright red lanyard, and we have to wear it on the outside of whatever else we're wearing. In the case of the APC students, like myself, we have to wear it over a dark green jumper. Bright red lanyard, over a dark green jumper. The colour combination is so absurd it makes my eyeballs melt. It would be alright if there was something to separate the colours, or some red on my jumper (like everyone else but me has), but there isn't, so I'm stuck complaining about the colours of my attire.

This is going to be quite a short post because I haven't done anything, other than complain about my uniform, and fight with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment