Monday 4 August 2014

Looking the Part!

The last week has been quite epic for me, and today was quite interesting since we mixed things up a bit. The first thing that happened is I had a quick changed of appearance, a new hair style to be precise. The next thing of interest that happened was the compliment I received about my post on Bronies UK. And finally there was today, probably the most interesting day of them all.

So I'm going to start with my new look, because that seems like the best thing to start with, and I also like to go in chronological order. I decided since I'm in a pop-punk band (which will most likely end up as a hardcore punk-metal band) I'd give myself a punk hairstyle, and being the big Misfits fan, I decided to chose the devilock.

Everything went well at first, my hair was of a decent length, not quite long enough for Doyle's or Jerry's variant of the devilock, but it was perfect for Danzig's version, which is the one I'm aiming for. Anyway I combed through my hair to quickly remove my knots and left the fate of the back and sides of my head to my dad, and his barber skills.

That all went well and once the easy bit was over and done with I had a shower and went to bed, it was late and I couldn't be bothered to do anything further at the time. Come morning I started crafting my evil mop into a devilock, firstly by straightening it, and then by coating it in the only hair styling product I had available, Murray's Superior Pomade. It's excellent stuff, but pomade was not designed to hold a devilock in place, and so I ended up just going for that hipster look and combed everything to the left until I had some appropriate product.

Moving swiftly on, on Friday I did my second real post on Bronies UK (I say real because I don't exactly count my first post). Once that was posted I sent it to Zed, because she enjoyed my first real post and wanted to read the second once it was up. As soon as she finished reading it she sent me a message on Facebook reading "I love your writing, it gives my a unique look on life!" I didn't really know what to say to that so I just awkwardly smiled at my screen, thankful that I wasn't in a video chat with her, otherwise it would have been weird.

Today was when the fun really began, Zed decided to come to me instead of have me go to her. Naturally Nath also decided to show up, and then we decided to move to his house since my room is only just big enough to have two of us in here, let alone three of us with guitars.

Well after a ninety minute "guitar lesson" we decided that we should stop and just terrorise the town like the typical teenagers, so we went to the park and literally just played on the swings like little kids. The only thing remotely bad that we were doing was listening to psychobilly songs through the speakers of my crappy phone.

My currant task is actually to start getting my mate Ash running, because he literally just told me he wants to get fit, so I'm gonna support him and help him. After that i can go back to eating pizza and rocking out. I've also got to create my half of our bands setlist, I have twenty-five minutes worth of music to choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment