Sunday 31 August 2014

Piggin'

As the title suggests I went Piggin' this weekend, I'm also going to presume that you have no idea what I mean by that. It's actually quite simple, I went to Another Piggin' Rally run by the Greedy Pigs M.C.C and it was absolutely amazing! I even had the pleasure of making a few new friends and drinking a bastard tonne of Monster.

So if you're wondering why an idiotic wannabe author, who is about as shy as they come, ended up going on a bike rally it's simply because my awesome mate Nath invited me. As it just so happens to be, his parents are both members of the Greedy Pigs, and so they had to go up to help out, naturally bringing Nathan with them, who decided it would be a good idea to bring me also.

I'm so glad he did, I had a blast!

Thursday wasn't that interesting since it was just setting everything up and preparing for the rally. Friday and Saturday however were awesome once everything kicked in. I have to say we were all a bit worried on Friday, there wasn't anyone arriving until about half-past-three in the afternoon. Usually people start arriving from seven in the morning, but not this time, some of the Greedy Pigs were thinking about shutting the rally down, but news on the radio said there had been a major accident on one of the A roads, which was the primary access point to the rally. Bad news to most people, but not for the Pigs, it just meant people were held up, and not abandoning us.

Once people arrived there were all sorts of laughs to be had, I even had my face painted up to look like a cat, so I could be a bit more convincing when I meow at random passers by, and look even creepier when standing on the side of the road waving at cars and keeping a mental count of how many dirty looks/middle fingers/waves/honks we received. I think we almost caused a few crashes that day, but we didn't so all's well that ends well.

In the end me and Nath got a free tent, because some idiots left a perfectly good, brand new, two-man tent behind. So me and Nath claimed it, meaning next time we don't have to use that over-sized tent that we used this time.

I've definitely enjoyed this weekend, I even have a few people now who only know me as Kitty, which is excellent. My next step is to start introducing myself around college as Kitty, conveniently enough I start tomorrow, so I may soon have this as an official nickname.

No comments:

Post a Comment